Overhaul The Weapon Mechanics

The gun mechanics are kind of low standard. Basically:

• Your sights are limited. If you aim your crosshairs in the first person down, your arm doesn’t provide a clear vision but instead just fires straight.

• The crosshair of the weapons is too big. We might as well have a dot or smaller crosshair for better accuracy.

• For some forsaken reason, the gun only does the firing effect & bullet-holes magically appear on the wall.

• M4A1 has a horrible range in the watchtower. For some reason, we can’t fire at criminals below - like there is an invisible wall. It would be great if this is fixed, as I sure as hell don’t want to be present when on shift as a Scout.

The thing I can suggest right now is to overhaul the mechanics. Make weapons an actual object, so they don’t no-clip through walls & glass like they aren’t supposed to. Add bullet projectiles & flare path when a bullet is ejected to a certain direction, so we know which direction it is fired from. Allow us to crouch & fire. Allow us to aim properly without any visual flaws.

Yep there is

Gimmecharacterspls

This would be a pointless update. Most users like to be able to see a full screen of people, not 1/3 blocked by a gun. Whilst it may be helpful for some, for the majority, it would make it worse. Another point with this:

This would be terrible. When you walk through a door, boom, glitched.
Walk round a corner? Glitched.
Walk up to a wall and draw a weapon? Glitched.
It would make it practically unplayable.

That, however, is an amazing point. There are many invisible seats too. Also, the front lobby, criminals can shoot in, we can’t shoot out. That needs fixing.

MrNooshie, Warden

1 Like

I’m not sure how to quote, but the “Invisible wall” is so annoying. Sometimes you can start firing at your nametag?? Like it gets bullet-holes, super annoying.

Just aim better… The crosshair really isn’t that bad.

This is to prevent lag for users with lower-end devices. When a majority of the people on the map are shooting at each other, it will cause frame-drops / lag for these people.

The range isn’t an issue. You can easily mow down people on the hill from the towers. You also shoot almost all the way down the main hallway.

This isn’t an FPS game. Combat isn’t the main priority.

Like I said before, the reason this isn’t already a feature is to prevent lag for users with lower-end devices, among other things.

1 Like

"Just aim better… The crosshair really isn’t that bad."

I can aim fine, but the crosshair is just too thick. It’s better to have a thinner one.

"This is to prevent lag for users with lower-end devices. When a majority of the people on the map are shooting at each other, it will cause frame-drops / lag for these people."

I mean… it’s possible to create a specific mode for lower-end devices which can be enabled in settings! I’ve seen a few games practice this & were effective, so I’d say it’s still worth a shot to improve.

"The range isn’t an issue. You can easily mow down people on the hill from the towers. You also shoot almost all the way down the main hallway."

I’m not talking about the range implied for every location. For the watchtower, it serves no purpose as we are easily shot down, while we can’t shoot the criminals - due to the an invisible wall.

"This isn’t an FPS game. Combat isn’t the main priority."

Mate. I’m not talking about optic sights or attachments. I’m referring when you tilt your head down, the arm holding your weapon blocks your vision.

"Like I said before, the reason this isn’t already a feature is to prevent lag for users with lower-end devices, among other things."

As again - a mode that can be enabled in settings could be quite useful & effective!