We need to keep track of the amount of warnings inmates receive

Dear players,

As an active SI and inmate one of the things I noticed is that guards lose track of the amount of warnings an inmate receives and ends up giving them the wrong warnings. For example, a guard thought I was on W2 but I was on W1 and he ended up sending me to max only on my second warning. So what I propose is that when guards warn an inmate they say, !Warn(username reason).
Not only would this help the guards keep track of the amount of warnings inmates received it will also help the inmates keep track of how many warnings they received. Please take his into some consideration as this can grow to a huge issue in the game.

Best Regards,
Warden123
Superintendent

2 Likes

That’s a great idea tbh. Devs should make it so that when you cuff an inmate, you have the possibility to give a warning (maybe a button?). And once an inmate reaches three warning, you could get a notification.
The only problem is that this feature would be abused (just like every feature). However, I’m not sure how we could keep track of who warns, etc.
But great suggestion.

Best regards,
Romain9332

4 Likes

How will the inmates know they got warned? After all, that’s the purpose of a warning.

Kind regards,

DilligentGoed

1 Like

You just tell them “W1, trespassing” and you click on the warning button, that’s it.

Best regards,
Romain9332

2 Likes

And what if we start looking at the abusive side of this? How can we make sure no officer abuses the warning system - and no, a cooldown won’t work, as I have to hand out some warnings to separate inmates consecutively, or quickly after one another.

Kind regards,

DilligentGoed

1 Like

Like I said, keeping an eye on the abusers would be hard. But devs could make a “warninglogs” pannel. Useful if you add the chatlogs, you coould see who randomly warned.

Best regards,
Romain9332

2 Likes

Hello @DilligentGoed,

What will happen is that everytime they get warned, it will show up above them. For example, if someone gets W1 they will have something above them that says Warning 1.

1 Like

It’ll prob be abused

1 Like

In that case, I’d suggest to remove everything that can be abused but makes the RP better. Cuffs, taser, etc, should be removed because they can be abused.
Having this warning system is a good idea and would make the RP better. Yes, it will be abused, and for that I already explained a method to track those who abuse it

1 Like

honestly great suggestion tho id prefer a ui instead of a command

1 Like

Hey @_dylann
I totally agree.

1 Like

No, and UI would take too much space for no reason. We would almost never use it except if someone actually abuses.