Reforming moderation (in-game)

I actually liked the idea of OC and GA: OC isn’t that rare to see in-game and professional staff gets it so they can help moderating in-game, which sounds amazing in combination with their tools; GA can be called, and they help with some situations involving rule breakers. Sounds amazing, and I thought that SV will become great game with low to zero rule breaking seen in-game, but in reality, moderation didn’t change since start of V2… You have to wait from 7 to 30 minutes for respond to a modcall, and 50% of times when rule breaker is in game, GA will ask you to report in intel. It doesn’t feel that bad and may help, but it doesn’t, and it is where all rules and real consequences of SV just stop existing: while, if you report in intel, a person will not get any consequence other than VW which person will not see, in-game GA will do anything: from straight VW with tool ban, mute, or sban, and it makes very low sense to me: when there is GA, which takes long time to respond, and while there is intel, which mostly ignore abusing, because their VW will do nothing, rule breaker won’t even see it at all, and mostly even 3rd report does nothing, it makes all of moderation look useless: it takes long time, and if rule breaker stays in game and continues, rule breaker might meet consequence, but if rule breaker doesn’t wait and gets bored of game, you may report to intel and see rule breaker again in the game just doing same stuff again, ain’t that funny? haha, so much fun when they abuse!! it’s just game, yeah.
And how can then these problems be solved:
Let rule breakers meet consequences more, make 'em see that they’re warned while they join the game
Open apps for GA and train more GA’s
Make. OC. Do. Some. Moderation. Too.
Stop… OC? OC is nice, but they do nothing, they just don’t care about if some staff is abusing, only thing they really do is spectate sessions and use they special weapons, that’s all…
Yeah, I think I shouldn’t take games that serious, but this is more like some scream of weirdo who plays games all day taking them way to serious…

It would be nice if we could see some OCs do some moderation, like you said they pretty much do nothing. This could really help how fast GAs respond to mod calls.
The only bad thing is that OC does not get admin commands (as far as my sped self knows)

1 Like

Yes, but not modcalls, that’s just for GA. Instead have it that they just moderate if they happen to witness an abuser.

That’s what i’m talking abt tho, they dont need those modcalls, but they shouldnt just ignore everything that happens in front of them

1 Like

Yes, OC gets:

• No Admin powers

• Staff cuffs just because they are trusted with them

OC is not intended as a moderational role at all, they just fight riots to make sure the prison keeps working and guards have a good time
They only manage abusers if they really can and if they notice it.

But, because you can be in multiple departments at once, I think OC shouldn’t nessecarily get mod perks, GA might just need to be improved.

1 Like

Hello, here is my point of view.
First of all,

This is not really true. Modcalls are usually answered between 1 - 10 minutes after the call is made. Not more.

But this is kinda true and should be changed. However, if the abuser is still in-game, you can tell the moderator to investigate instead of reporting to intel. Most of the time, they will accept.

However, I don’t understand why you say that since there are regulations, and are the same for everyone

In conclusion, the OC department is not supposed at all to have administration duties. They are simply here to make sure all operations are well conducted and

Best regards,
Romain9332
SVGA Head Administrator
SVOC Command Officer

Bro got a degree in yapping

Summary

This text will be hidden

1 Like

Good stuff tho

Summary

This text will be hidden

TLDR

Summary

This text will be hidden

𝗙𝘂𝗰𝗸 no

Worst regards,
Soul,
OC High Command

SA doesn’t VW people :skull::skull::skull:. They issue 5 minute g-bans, depending on the severity of the infraction, punishments can vary greatly.

Hello,

Well, where do i start… Overseer Command is a department made only for the purpose of handling riots, and doing evacuations, meaning that they don’t have any special admin commands. OCs can fire a guard for the duration of 5 minutes, if it’s necessary, but unless the OC member is FD+ or GA, they can’t deal with it in any other way than firing them, or reporting to intel. I am sure, that OC will not get any admin commands, atleast not anytime soon, as it’s really easy to get into OC, and it could be easily abused. Now to GA. Yes, i know, that GAs usually direct modcall callers to intel, but that’s usually because there are many modcalls at that time, so it saves them time, or sometimes, the abuser already left, which is also a reason for long response times. When there are many modcalls at the same time, GAs may choose some modcalls over others - e.g. someone modcalls because of an exploiter, which has higher priority than abuse. Also, we usually don’t respond to modcalls that weren’t responded to and are older than 10 minutes, as the caller usually leaves few minute after calling, and responding to a modcall, just to find out that the caller has left is a big waste of time for us. Additionally GAs are required to deal with the abuser, if they’re still in-game. Next thing - When you report someone to intel, and you have valid proof, Support Agency usually bans the abuser for 5 minutes, which i think is standard procedure for SA.

I hope this answered everything.

Signed,
ToMys0987
Chief of Staff, Stateview Game Administration, Overseer Command

2 Likes

We just replace kicks, server bans and verbal warnings with 5 min bans

Wait what? Isn’t OC some handpick stuff you need to be really lucky or socially skilled for?

Money can buy many things

Well other than buying yourself in how hard is it to get handpicked

Exactly, and i think that’s better than how others have to do it

You just need to be active, have good grammar score, no or small punishment history, and be proffesional to get handpicked

1 Like

Quite easy ( :arrow_double_up:)

1 Like

-And be lucky.
Have you ever thought of the fact that there’s a lot of SV players, therefore a lot of good ones and that if everybody who fits in these criteria would get into OC, OC would be completely flooded?
You can never guarantee getting into OC, not by a longshot.

1 Like